Sunday, August 30, 2015

Black Cat with Mesmerizing Eyes - Original Oil Painting by Diane Irvine Armitage

Another attempt at painting a softer painting.  I have painted this cat face two other times and I find it helpful to go back to something that I have painted when trying a new technique.  I lay in the painting very thinly and soften it up and then come back and put in some of the sketchier strokes.  I'm happy with this one!  It has a nice luminous look to it - like the eyes are coming forward out of the darkness.  This original oil painting of a black cat measures 8 x 10 inches on archival gesso board and is available on ebay HERE.
Below are the other two paintings I did of this same cat.
 11 x 14 on gesso board.
 24 x 36 on a birch panel.  I have this one hanging in my living room and I think it is my favorite version so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment