Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Cat Oil Painting - Black Cat by Diane Irvine Armitage - Original Art

Well, it was like pulling teeth getting started painting today!  I hadn't done much painting at all for at least a month because I was so busy getting everything packed and ready for the new antiques booth.  So my first attempt at painting today got wiped off - we call that a wiper.  But not to be discouraged, I went in the house and watched some of Susan Lyon's portrait painting video and after watching I was much inspired and made another attempt.  This time the painting worked out just fine.  I highly recommend any and all of Susan Lyon's painting videos - she is an amazing painter and a wonderful teacher.
Today's original oil painting closeup of a black cat's face is 8 x 8 inches on archival canvas board and is available on my ebay auction HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment