Friday, November 22, 2013

Black Cat in the Garden - Original Oil Painting by Diane Irvine Armitage

I have been reading my Sorolla books recently and am really enjoying the one about his garden paintings, Sorolla: Gardens of Light.  Of course I love his beach paintings, but these garden paintings are really amazing, the brushwork is so beautiful.  If you don't have that book, I highly recommend getting it.

So inspired by all those lovely garden images, today's painting is of a black cat in the tall grass of a garden.  I left areas of the brown gesso showing through and I like how that looks in the green areas.  Original oil painting measuring 6 by 6 inches on archival gessoboard.
You can see this painting and all of my others on my Daily Paintworks Gallery page HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment