Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Antique Wood Keepsake Box with Hand Painted Black Cat Decoration

It's been two weeks since my last painting and I have missed the time spent in the studio.  I had to do some gardening and I spent some time listing books for sale on amazon, so some things got done that needed doing.

Today I painted one of my favorite cat images on an antique keepsake box.  I have been wanting to do some hand painted antique items, small things like old wooden boxes and also small furniture items like small cabinets.
I like the old ghostly mirror on the inside of this pretty box!
I have always loved it when artists decorated furniture with their paintings, like the Pre-Raphaelites and Arthur and Lucia Mathews.  So I think I will be on the lookout for fun old pieces I can add some black cats to!

No comments:

Post a Comment